- Your privacy is important to us. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, www.WSJWomen.wix.com/FORWARD.
- We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you.
- We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
- We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
- Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
- You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
- Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY AND DATA
- This website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We and this website do not knowingly and intentionally collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use or provide any information on this Website. Do not use any third parties that might have links present on this Website. Do not provide your name, address, phone number or any payment information.
- If a parent or guardian believes that this Website unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 in its database, please contact us at once and we will do our best to immediately remove any and all such information from our database.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Information Collected from You
- We use the information we collect from you to send you targeted marketing and promotional communications. If at any time you indicated an interest in a particular field related to our Site, then we and/or our third-party marketing partners may use this relevant information to send you additional communication regarding similar products/services.
- If you do not want to receive any marketing and/or promotional communication, you can opt out at any time by UNSUBSCRIBING from either a particular list or topic or from all the emails coming from us by clicking on the unsubscribe button located at the bottom of every email you receive.
Information Collected from Third-Party Apps and Tools
- Any information collected from third-party tools is used for statistical and analytical purposes and for evaluating and making improvements to our Site. This automatically collected information will not include personal information data.
WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH ANYONE?
- We respect your privacy and the value of your information. We do not share, disclose, sell, lease or rent your information to anyone or any third party without your express consent.
- Only under limited circumstances will necessary information be shared with third parties.
Here are the situations in which we will share your information:
1. You gave us express consent to do so;
2. You entered into a contract for recurring payments—for this reason, your information will be processed on an as-needed basis to uphold the agreement;
3. Performance of a contract—if you are obligated to pay or perform an action, and you
fail, we reserve the right to share necessary information with a third-party company, such as a collection agency or an attorney; and
4. Mandated by law—if legal proceedings are initiated, and there is a subpoena
(unlikely, but better to be prepared than surprised).
EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS & POLICIES
- If you decide to contact us through email, we reserve the right to retain the content of your email messages, your email address, and our responses.
- Your privacy is important to us. Therefore, your email address will never be shared, sold, or leased to any third-party members.
- In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, any and all communications sent from our company or website will clearly state who the email is from, who the email is for, and how to contact the sender.
- Furthermore, should you wish to not receive any more emails, you can click on the “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email.
Effective as of March 31, 2022
What’s a cookie?
A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyze traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system. If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Cookies are either:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. [We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.]
Cookies can also be categorized as follows:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
– Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
– Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized.
Effective as of March 28, 2022